Dermal Fillers are a non-surgical treatment used to shape and contour the face.
As we age, the natural substances in our skin, such as collagen and hyaluronic acid which provide the skin with volume and structure, start to decrease. This together with other factors including sun exposure, smoking and stress contribute to drier skin and increased wrinkles. Dermal Fillers provide an aesthetic solution for treating moderate to deep wrinkles, furrows, scars, increasing the volume of cheeks, chins and lips.
- An injectable gel is placed below the skins surface to fill in, or plump up the wrinkles present, enhance Lip contours and add definition as well as volume.
- Dermal Fillers, once injected, work with your bodies own hyaluronic acid to create volume.
- This produces further support to the skin of the face as the ageing process continues.
- The injectable gel contains an anaesthetic which begins to take effect after the first few injections. Patients are given the option if they would like numbing cream, as the procedure is only 20 minutes.
- At ACI the procedure is performed as a walk-in walk-out procedure, with minimal discomfort. There will be mild bruising and swelling which settles within a few days.
Which clinics do we offer Dermal Filler treatment at?
Australian Cosmetic Institute offer Dermal Filler procedures at the South Yarra clinic in Melbourne Monday to Saturday.
What is the difference between Dermal Fillers and Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
We understand how confusing and daunting Cosmetic Injectables can be, so Australian Cosmetic Institute have broken it down to make it easier for our patients.
What if I don’t like it?
Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid fillers when too much filler is injected or a nodule develops. If a patient finds themselves disliking a Dermal Filler treatment, ACI offer a treatment on the same area using Hyaluronidase which reverses the procedure.
What is the recovery time?
The treatment usually takes about 20-30 minutes, and results are seen immediately. Side effects are usually injection related and temporary, such as swelling, redness and tenderness at the site. The majority of people return to work, or their normal activities, immediately following the procedure.
How long does the treatment last?
The results will last for between 6-18 months, depending on the product used, which will depend on your skin type, expectations and area to be treated.
What are Dermal Fillers used for?
“The level of communication and the option of contacting staff and DR there was comforting. The professional but relaxed manner of staff constantly kept me reassured.”
“High level of customer service and the information provided to me by medical staff was outstanding.”
“Staff were all very professional, sensitive and supportive. I was well cared for and pleased with my overall experience. Thank you so much for everything you have done.”